1-1.25 lbs. frozen chicken thighs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. each smoked paprika, oregano, and garlic powder
2 tbsp dried onion
1/2 tbsp. fresh minced garlic
2 medium zucchini, sliced
2-2.5 cups cauliflower rice
16 oz. tzatziki sauce (I purchased from Trader Joe’s, but can use homemade as well)
4 oz. feta cheese
- Add chicken directly from the freezer to the crock pot. Turn crock pot on low.
- Sprinkle with spices (all except fresh minced garlic).
- Cook for 4-5 hours. Then shred chicken and mix to combine. It will be a little liquidy so stir well to integrate the spices and the chicken will absorb some of the liquid.
- Heat two skillets over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp. oil or ghee (I used avocado oil) to each skillet.
- Add cauliflower rice to one skillet and zucchini to the other.
- Don’t stir rice for the first 45 seconds to 1 minute. This allows it to brown. Then stir and let sit again. Continue this process until soft and crispy. Just before it’s done, add salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time, cook zucchini. Once it’s slightly brown and mostly soft but still a bit of firmness to it, add 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic and stir about 30 seconds.
- Plate rice, zucchini, and chicken. Top with feta and tzatziki.