1 lb. ground chicken (could also use turkey, beef, or pork)
16 oz. raw cauliflower rice
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 large yellow or white onion (or one whole small onion), diced
8-12 oz. fresh spinach (add based on preference)
1-2 tbsp. minced garlic
1-2 tsp. cumin
1-2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce:
1/2-3/4 avocado (start with 1/2 and add more if preferred)
1/2 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt (can also sub low fat, but will be thinner)
1/3 bunch cilantro
Optional: hot sauce for topping
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add avocado oil (or your choice of fat) to the skillet.
- Add ground chicken and break up with a spatula.
- Once chicken is partially cooked, add bell pepper and onion. Cook until veggies are soft and meat is fully cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in spices and minced garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile heat another skillet and add oil/fat (1-2 tbsp.).
- Add cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cooked until rice is soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- To make the avocado sauce: in a food processor, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Divide rice, meat, and veggies between bowls.
- Top with avocado sauce.
- Add hot sauce if desired.