1 batch pizza dough (I used this one)
2 hot pork sausage links in casing (can also sub chicken sausage)
5-10 slices pepperoni
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt, red pepper flakes
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1/2-1 cup marinara, depending on how saucy you like it (I used roasted garlic from Trader Joe’s)
4-6 oz. mozzarella cheese (we tend to like more cheese), shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- I used a low carb crust and followed the directions on site I linked above for pre-baking the crust. The crust was fully cooked when I added my toppings.
- While the crust is baking, heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil.
- Remove sausage from casing and add to pan.
- Break up sausage with a spatula and cook until fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage and add mushrooms to the same pan. Add a drizzle olive oil if there’s not much fat from the sausage. Sprinkle with salt.
- Once the mushrooms have broken down, add minced garlic and stir, about 30 seconds. Add sausage back to pan and combine. Remove from heat.
- Add marinara to crust, then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top with sausage, mushrooms, and pepperoni slices. I piled the pepperoni on top of sausage/mushroom mixture. You can reduce sausage to 1 link if you like less toppings.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, just to warm everything through.
- Then broil until cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Slice and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Similar recipe found here.